Tuesday, July 27, 2010
A Downtown Tradition!
One of our favorite downtown traditions is happening this Saturday, and you don't want to miss it!!! Who doesn't love to see a beautiful home... or a bunch! Make a day of it, come downtown, eat great food, browse through the great shops, and don't forget to come and visit Emma Downtown!!!
33rd Annual Interior Tour of Historic Homes
DATE:Saturday, July 31, 2010
TICKET PRICE:Adults, $10.00
Seniors & Groups of 10 or more, $8.00
Children 12 & under, free with paid adult
CONTACT:Rebecca Bond, Albany Visitors Association
800-526-2256 or 541-928-0911
Tickets will be available at the Albany Visitors Association, in Historic Downtown Albany on the day of the tour from 10am to 4pm in the Two Rivers Market, 250 Broadalbin SW #110.
The 33rd Annual Tour of Historic Homes is scheduled for Saturday, July 31, 2010.
- The tour will feature several historic homes including one built in 1885 celebrating 125 years.
- Along with the homes on tour, guests will visit the Historic Carousel and Museum, the Whitespires Church, United Presbyterian Church, the Albany Regional Museum and the Monteith House Museum.
- A horse-drawn wagon and vintage trolley ride are included in the ticket price.
- Light refreshments will be provided by the Monteith Historical Society.
- This is a wonderful way for you to slow down, relax and enjoy yourself so please plan to join us on Saturday, July 31, 2010.
This tour is self-guided. Visitors can tour the homes in any order they like. Transportation is by your own vehicle, horse drawn wagon and vintage trolley.
Albany’s Annual Interior Tour of Historic Homes is a great opportunity to peek inside and see for yourself why Albany stands out. Homeowners and Hosts/Hostesses will be available to answer questions about restoration efforts, historic house maintenance and why they chose Albany as home.
Albany’s Annual Interior Tours were created by a group of friends and neighbors to share the past through the architecture of historic dwellings. They are coordinated by Albany’s Historical Interior Tour Committee and sponsored by the Albany Visitors Association.